Local Events 2014
- 5-7 September. The Highland Military Tattoo, Fort George, near Inverness
- 24 September Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Explorer, Adventurer, Writer - talks about his experiences - Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, Aviemore PH20 1QN 19.30
- To book email: SirRanHT2014@gmail.com
- 24 December: Santa & His Reindeers, Christmas Eve, Newtonmore
- 31 December: Hogmanay, Torch Light Parade, Fireworks, Newtonmore
For lots more information and local area events, see the 'What's On Guide'
- Newtonmore community website - useful local information.
- The Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore - Free admission
- Clan MacPherson Museum
- Strathspey Steam Railway. Preserved Steam Railway in Aviemore
- Highland Wildlife Park, Kincraig - with Polar Bears & Amur Tigers
- Cairngorm Reindeer. The UK's only Reindeer Herd, Glenmore, near Aviemore
- Bird watching information in the area
- Cairngorms National Park information
- Walk Highlands. Walking information for all of Scotland.
- Active Spirit. Outdoor adventures from Newtonmore
- Wolftrax Mountain Bikes, Laggan
- East Highland Way - walking trail from Fort William to Aviemore
- Explore Outdoors - guided mountain walks & long distance trails
- Newtonmore Shinty Club, the highland sport's champion team!
- Newtonmore Golf Club
- Torgoil Tours, locally based German speaking tour guide services.