Local Events 2015
21 March: Newtonmore 10 Mile Race
24 May: Adverikie House Gardens open day (Monarch of The Glen House)
22 June: Scottish Left Handed Open Championship, Newtonmore
1 August: Highland Games & Clan MacPherson Gathering, Newtonmore
1 - 8 August: Golf Week, Newtonmore
October: World Porridge Making Championship, Carrbridge
- 24 December: Santa & His Reindeers, Christmas Eve, Newtonmore
- 31 December: Hogmanay, Torch Light Parade, Fireworks, Newtonmore
For lots more information and local area events, see the 'What's On Guide'
- Newtonmore community website - useful local information.
- The Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore - Free admission
- Clan MacPherson Museum
- Strathspey Steam Railway. Preserved Steam Railway in Aviemore
- Highland Wildlife Park, Kincraig - with Polar Bears & Amur Tigers
- Cairngorm Reindeer. The UK's only Reindeer Herd, Glenmore, near Aviemore
- Bird watching information in the area
- Cairngorms National Park information
- Walk Highlands. Walking information for all of Scotland.
- Active Spirit. Outdoor adventures from Newtonmore
- Wolftrax Mountain Bikes, Laggan
- East Highland Way - walking trail from Fort William to Aviemore
- Explore Outdoors - guided mountain walks & long distance trails
- Newtonmore Shinty Club, the highland sport's champion team!
- Newtonmore Golf Club
- Torgoil Tours, locally based German speaking tour guide services.