Local Events 2016
4 - 7 February Kingussie Food On Film Festival - Kingussie
19 March: Newtonmore 10 Mile Race - Newtonmore to Lynchat and back.
29 May 14.00-17.30: Aberarder and Ardverikie (Monarch of The Glen House) Gardens Open Day
October: World Porridge Making Championship, Carrbridge
24 December: Santa & His Reindeers, Christmas Eve, Newtonmore
31 December: Hogmanay, Torch Light Parade, Fireworks, Newtonmore
For lots more information and local area events, see the 'What's On Guide'
- Newtonmore community website - useful local information.
- The Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore - Free admission
- Clan MacPherson Museum
- Strathspey Steam Railway. Preserved Steam Railway in Aviemore
- Highland Wildlife Park, Kincraig - with Polar Bears & Amur Tigers
- Cairngorm Reindeer. The UK's only Reindeer Herd, Glenmore, near Aviemore
- Bird watching information in the area
- Cairngorms National Park information
- Walk Highlands. Walking information for all of Scotland.
- Active Spirit. Outdoor adventures from Newtonmore
- Wolftrax Mountain Bikes, Laggan
- East Highland Way - walking trail from Fort William to Aviemore
- Explore Outdoors - guided mountain walks & long distance trails
- Newtonmore Shinty Club, the highland sport's champion team!
- Newtonmore Golf Club
- Torgoil Tours, locally based German speaking tour guide services.